Saturday, April 27OUR UPCOMING MARCH EDITION WILL BE HERE SOON

OPINION: To TAMIU, I bid adieu

OPINION: To TAMIU, I bid adieu

By Neto Gonzalez
Editor-in-chief
Published Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023

As I bid farewell to TAMIU and The Bridge, a wave of nostalgia and gratitude washes over me. Leading this newspaper has been a labor of love, a challenging yet immensely rewarding experience that I proudly call mine.

The Bridge became a canvas for our collective passion for journalism, a platform to amplify student voices and a testament to the power of community-driven storytelling. The countless sleepless nights spent working on projects, stories, midterms and finals were not merely moments of stress but tests of resilience.

Neto Gonzalez, editor-in-chief of The Bridge student newspaper - portrait
Neto Gonzalez
Editor-in-chief

Beyond the newsroom, the relationships forged on campus are the heartbeats of my Texas A&M International University journey. Professors who became mentors, coworkers who turned into lifelong friends and supervisors who guided with wisdom—these connections have shaped not just my academic experience but my personal growth.

As I step away from the editor-in-chief role, I carry with me the memories of a dynamic and thriving community. The Bridge will forever symbolize the dedication, creativity and resilience of TAMIU students. The professional bonds forged here will serve as the foundation for future endeavors, reminding me that the impact of my time at TAMIU reaches far beyond the printed pages of The Bridge. Though I’ll miss the sleepless nights, I leave with a heart full of gratitude for the opportunity to contribute to something so meaningful. Here’s to the next chapter and the enduring connections that will accompany me for years to come.

As I embark on this new chapter, I carry not just a degree but a tapestry of experiences woven with dedication, resilience and the unwavering belief that our stories, much like the pages of The Bridge, have the power to inspire, connect and shape a brighter future for us all.

Share